Monday, February 15, 2010
"Breaking News" Chosen Vessel almost cut her Sisterlocks off!! YIKES!!!
Ok ladies, the news that I was talking about with my Sisterlocks was I was going to get them cut off and start wearing my hair natural (TWA). Why, because I am a ZEALOT!!! and thank God for my husband who sat down and had a longggg talk with me (gave me the reasons why I should keep my locks). He said your hair is SO beautiful and I don't want you to cut it but if you decide to after this talk I will support you. Thank God for that MAN because I know I would have regreted it.
Why am I still sharing this with all of you? I could have made the decision and not shared it with any of you and you would not have ever known that I was considering cutting my locks but I am posting this because I hope that it helps someone who may be considering cutting their locks. Please, please, please do not make a decision until you have weighed the pros and cons, prayed about it, and intensly considered the alternatives.
Cons for my hair: (Hence the reasons why I was considering the BIG CHOP)
1. Friz, FRIZ, and MORE FRIZ...as you can see, I hate the friz but you know what I can learn to live with it. I have also been researching products that may help with this.
2. Length- it sometimes gets in the way, but once again, I can live with this. I actually ALWAYS wanted long hair, so I don't know WHAT my problem is...SMH....
3. Patches of new growth in between locks even after a retightening. NOW this gets on my NERVES!!!!! BUT...I am going to work with my Locktician to hopefuly resolve this issue, if not, oh well, my hair is not going to be perfect even though I am so anal that I want it to be :( JUST BEING REAL...LOL
Pros for my hair:
1. Easy maintenance.
3. Great growth.
4. Fits me and my personality.
5. I LOVE my BRAID-OUTS and ROLLER-SETS!
7. Easy to manage.
8. My husband LOVES it!!!
9. It is natural, no chemicals.
10.I can style it various ways (I just haven't tried many yet, but I will..stay tuned for a post entitled "Sisterlock Hair Show"
11. I love my Loctician.
and on and on and on...when I think about all of this I know I would have regretted cutting my locks....did I already say, I would have regretted it?
My husband reminded me of all of the things I HATED about my permed hair, getting braids, natural hair, pony tails, etc. and I SNAPPED out of it quickly. My Sisterlock pilgrimage has been almost, PERFECT, now who could ask for anything more. I think I just got bored and wanted a big change but now I am learning to fall in love with my locks again AND I am going to take them to ANOTHER level by researching more product options, hair jewelry, hair accessories, and maybe even color so all is well with Chosen Vessel and her locks.
I hope this post was helpful and thank you ladies for all of your support over the years and thank you for following my blog and going on this journey with me, I truly appreciate it.
P.S. One more thing, I was in the beauty supply looking for products to prepare for cutting my locks and I struck up a conversation with an AA lady who still has a perm but trying to transition to natural hair and when I told her that I was going to cut my locks she said LOUDLY..ARE YOU CRAZY!!! Your hair is beautiful....then she said all of us Sista's trying to get that length and you are about to cut it...CRAZY...and then she just shook her head and walked to the counter and started telling everyone look at her hair and she is going to cut it...SMH...ok....OK!!!