Abena's Pages

"Natural Beauties Who Follow My Blog"

Monday, February 26, 2007

"Things that make you go Hmmm...Do you see any resemblance??????


My Godmother sent me a picture of her at work (she is the one in the red jacket) and I forwarded it to my Sister and this is the message she sent to me, "OMG sister, that white girl behind Cil looks like you. If she was black you all could be twins. (except her face is a little fuller).........When I first saw the photo I was only admiring how good my Godmother looks at 64 so I did not even notice the resemblance.....BUT....when I got the message from my sister, I looked at the photo again and said OMGosh!!!!!! we do look alike, we even tilt our heads the same when we take pictures (I think that is a natural habit for me, I even tilted my head when I was a little girl).
It is usually hard for me to see a similarity of me in someone else but this was toooooo close for comfort (smile)....Do you see any resemblance or are my eyes playing tricks on me? I may have to contact this lady and see if we are related because the ethnic make up of my family history is French, Indian, and Black. Just thought I would share, this was interesting to me.

14 comments:

Goodnapps said...

I do see the resemblance. Uncanny indeed. But don't fret too much -
just about every other day I get a comment, "You look like somebody I know."

Anonymous said...

You do look alike! That's cute. :)

Funny, I've been bloging about non-lookalikes lately.

Cluizel said...

Wow...you do look alike...

Abena Abena said...

Tanya- you may get the you look like somebody I know, but I rarely have people tell me that. I usually get the question, where are you from, what is your ethnic backgroud, but hardly ever, you look like someone I know, so this was a shock when I saw her photo. Most people would just look at the color, like I did first, and not really focus on the features....but when I looked closely, I was amazed. I wonder if she won't mind me calling us Ebony and Ivory (LOL)...I guess I will find out when I meet her.

Brunsli- I have been reading your blog about non-lookalikes, and I must admit, I am one that believes that Breadfruit and Guava look a lot alike :)...but you can tell that they have totally different personalities.

Cluziel- All I can say is, what a trip!!!! I am going to have to go meet her :)

TwoIslandsGirl said...

Yep, I see the resemblance. Isn't that interesting? I wonder if she would see the resemblance if she saw a picture of you.

Abena Abena said...

1st1477,

I know, that is one of the reasons I would like to meet her :)

Anonymous said...

Well, yeah, now that you mention it. ;-) How cool is that, two pretty ladies.

BTW, thanks for inviting us to your nice, informative blog. It is refreshing. :)

Abena Abena said...

Lovin' Locks- Thanks for the compliments and thanks for visiting my blog, come back again soon ::)

Shanessence said...

Wow, that is uncanny indeed! Although I've never seen someone that looks that much like me of a different race, I always get that "you look like my cousin/friend/sister" comment. A latino salsa instructor once told me that I looked like his sister "Carrrrmen." Go figure! Anyway, I've finally posted about my SL installation...check me out!

Abena Abena said...

Shanessence,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I know I am going to thoroughly enjoy following your Sisterlock journey. You are off to a fabulous start.

Jenn Jenn said...

Oh my goodness !!!! You two do alike.... Wow...

Abena Abena said...

Jenn,

It is amazing. I showed my husband the photo and he said she doesn't look like me. I said look at the features, and he said, "I don't see it." Boy is perception powerful!

Mimi said...

Wow...that's kinda spooky....

Abena Abena said...

Mimi,

I know, I felt the same way.